Welcome to Provincial Airways Flight Training Unit!

Thank you for choosing Provincial Airways for your flight training needs. We saw the need for a flight training unit that would serve people in Southwestern Saskatchewan and are here for you. Whether flying privately or commercially we are here to help you achieve your goal.

Why is Provincial Airways an exceptional place to learn?

Provincial Airways is staffed with highly skilled people who care about aviation. We are a small flight school which translates to lots of valuable one on one time with your instructor. Below are some of the things about us that you might enjoy.

How do I become a pilot?

To become a pilot you must study and achieve specific designations of pilot permit or licence. Transport Canada sets the standards for all licencing. Depending on what you want to achieve you will need to have a minimum number of hours of ground school learning and a minimum number of flight training instruction and solo learning. Licensing requires that you pass a written examination and flight test. Please read through this guide to see the minimums.

What is the difference between a Recreational Pilot Permit and a Private Pilot Licence (PPL)?

A Recreational Pilot Permit holder is restricted to flying only in Canada during daylight hours and with a maximum of one passenger. A Private Pilot Licence holder does not have these restrictions.

What do I need to start flying?

You can book a discovery flight with our instructor, we will put you in the pilot seat for a mini flight lesson! You may commence flight training right away. There are no requirements that you must complete ground school before you can fly.

Aviation Medical

It is highly reccomended that you get a medical before you start flying. You must have one prior to your first solo. See each licence for medical requirements.

The local Transport Canada medical examiner in Moose Jaw is:

Dr. Yolanda Marx #107-54 Ominica St. W. Moose Jaw, SK 306-692-6200

How long will it take?

Every student learns at a different pace. There are many factors such as time, money and personal circumstance. The Recreational Permit and Private Pilot Licence can be completed in anywhere from 8 weeks to 2 years. Most people attend school or work full-time while getting their permit or licence.

Please call us at 306-692-7335 to get started!

Provincial Airways is headquartered at the Moose Jaw Municipal Airport in Saskatchewan. We also operate out of Rosetown and Davidson, SK.

Contact Us

Box 2170
Muni Airport Hwy 301N
Moose Jaw, SK  S6H 7T2

Phone: (306) 692 - 7335
Toll Free: (877) 717-7335