Private Pilot Licence - Aeroplane Category
|Training / Materials||Duration||Total Cost|
|Ground School||40 hours (online course)||$275.00|
|Ground School Materials||$300.00|
|Ground Briefing||10 Hours @ $60/hr||$600.00|
|Dual Flight Instruction||33 Hours @ $235/hr||$7755.00|
|Solo Flight Instruction||12 hours @ $175/hr||$2100.00|
|Written Exam, Flight Test, Licensing, Medical||TBD, Approx $500.00|
|Total MINIMUM Cost (Taxes not incl.)||$11530.00|
- Fly for fun/recreation!
- Fly all types of Canadian registered aircraft anywhere in the world.
- No limits on the number of passengers.
- A PPL can have endorsements added to it, ie: Night, Multi, and IFR Ratings.
- 17 years of age
- Class 3 medical obtained from a Canadian aviation medical examiner.
- A minimum of 45 hours of flight training including:
- 17 hours of dual including 5 hours of instrument training, 3 hours cross country
- 12 hours of solo including 5 hours of cross country
- A minimum of 40 hours of ground school including instruction in Air Law, Meteorology, Navigation, and General knowledge.
- Ground school completed online.
- A Transport Canada Written and Flight test are also required